I am passionate about the value of neurological occupational therapy, accessibility for all and helping individuals who have sustained life changing injury realise their full potential.
Jo is a highly motivated and driven neuro OT, who adopts an innovative and client centred approach to service delivery. She has expert clinical skills and in-depth knowledge of neurological rehabilitation regarding delivering therapeutic treatment approaches within neurological occupational therapy. Jo has high level management skills, with experience of co-ordinating teams of neuro OTs as well as multi-professionals and support staff within the community setting. Jo is focussed on meeting regulatory requirements and professional standards to deliver a high quality, client focused service.
- Focused on communicating a clear vision and expectation through evidenced based practice, defined and measurable goals to improve the client’s experience of the service.
- Clear understanding of current legislation, regulation requirements and code of professional conduct relating to neurological occupational therapy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about absolute accountability, honesty and integrity.
Neuro OT / Clinical Director: Feb 2006 – Current
General management role for Krysalis Consultancy. Leading a team of staff with variety of roles. Development and creation of the neurological occupational therapy consultancy service meeting the needs of complex clients within the litigation process, insurance sector, statutory service and self funding clients.
- Established Krysalis Consultancy as the leader within neurological occupational therapy rehabilitation.
- Implementation of company policy and processes to meet compliance with regulatory and code of professional conduct.
- Supervision and development of neurological occupational therapists and members of the senior management team.
- Carry a small clinical case load of complex clients with acquired brain injury.
- Full financial responsibility for the Company with published accounts.
- Regular presentations to potential customers and clients.
- Experience of leading service developments and project groups.
- Trustee of Headway Salisbury and South Wiltshire, working together with the centre manager to assist with the ongoing review and development of therapeutic
Glenside Manor Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
Senior Neuro OT
Feb 2005 – Nov 2007
Senior Neuro OT managing a caseload of complex clients within a neurological residential rehabilitation facility.
- Working with a wide variety of clients with complex needs including those with challenging behaviour, minimally awareness states, cognitive and executive dysfunction and complex physical needs.
- Provision of person centred rehibition programme working with support workers implementing guidance found with care plans and risk assessments.
- Use of evidenced based treatment approaches within an occupational therapy framework.
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
Head Occupational Therapist Community Neuro Team
Feb 2001 - Feb 2005
Head Neuro OT managing a team of multi-professionals and carrying a complex clinical case load on a 50/50 split.
- Management of a team of 10 neuro occupational therapists, neuro physiotherapists and rehab assistants.
- Working with clinical nurse specialists within Stroke and Parkinson’s Disease to develop service and clinical pathways.
- Lead a project reviewing the integration of Health and Social Care occupational therapy services as a jointly funded project between health and social care.
- Developed processes for managing a growing community neuro rehab team ensuring effective communication and process.
South Wiltshire PCT
- Providing neuro rehabilitation for clients with complex needs including brain injury, stroke, chronic progressive neurological conditions and end of life care.
- Worked closely with Rehabilitation Consultants and services manager to develop falls service and Parkinson’s Group.
Winchester NHS Trust
Sept 1999 – May 1999
Senior occupational therapist working in a multi-disciplinary community rehab team. Supporting patients with a variety of physical rehabilitation needs including orthopaedic injuries, medical needs and elderly care. Working with Statutory Services facilitating supported discharge.
Salisbury NHS Trust
Junior Occupational Therapist
Sept 1997 – Sep 1999
Mixed rotation over a 2-year period spending 6 month in each speciality. Rotation incorporated specialties such as trauma hands and complex pain rehabilitation, regional spinal injuries rehabilitation unit, mental health rehabilitation within a mental health community day hospital and acute elderly care rehabilitation.
A few words from Jo...
I enjoy yoga and walking my dog, I enjoy staying fit and spending time outdoors. I am married and love spending time with my husband and my three children. I am practical and creative, I enjoy solving problems and when I have more time I would like to develop my skills in drawing and painting. I love nature, animal rights and protecting the environment. I am passionate about the value of neuro OT, accessibility for all and helping individuals who have sustained life changing injury reach their maximum potential.